Thực Phẩm Chức Năng,
Trị Bệnh & Phòng Bệnh,
Thuốc Chữa Bệnh
Antioxidant protection for the maintenance of good health. Helps promote blood glucose metabolism.
Alpha-lipoic acid is involved in energy production; this antioxidant helps convert our food into energy. Alpha-lipoic acid works together with vitamin E and vitamin C to protect the entire cell from oxidative stress. It is both fat- and water-soluble, so it can quench free radicals both inside and outside the cell. It also directly recycles vitamin C and glutathione and indirectly recycles vitamin E.
Alpha-lipoic acid helps improve blood glucose metabolism and can be used to assist in maintaining proper blood glucose levels in pre-diabetes and type II diabetes. Alpha-lipoic acid is also an approved drug in Germany for the treatment of diabetic neuropathy (nerve disease). Several double-blind studies have shown lipoic acid supplementation does improve diabetic neuropathy.
Although the body can make alpha-lipoic acid, it generally uses up its supply in carrying out metabolic functions leaving very little for antioxidant function. For this reason, supplementation is advised.
Features and Benefits:
- Works as both a fat-soluble and water-soluble antioxidant
- Extends the life of other antioxidants like vitamin C, glutathione and vitamin E
- Helps improve blood sugar metabolism
- Improves insulin sensitivity
- Prevents and treats diabetic neuropathy (reduces pain, burning, itching and numbness)
- Stimulates regeneration of nerve fibers and improves blood flow to peripheral nerves
- NPN 80005881*
- 2 capsules, 3 times daily at least 30 minutes before meals or as directed by a physician
- Use a minimum of 3 weeks for full effects to develop
Cautions and Warnings:
- Do not use while pregnant or breastfeeding
- Consult a physician prior to use if you have diabetes or if you are taking medications that may affect blood sugar levels
- Keep out of reach of children
- For product freshness protect from heat and humidity
*This item has been reviewed by Health Canada for safety, quality and health claims.